It was a good weekend for camping and testing your Scouting skills with mild temperatures and some limited humidity at this year’s Vulcan District Camporee. Troop 97 awards this year included:
- Blue Beaver — 2nd place in trolley race
- Bear — 3rd place in crosscut saw
- Panther — 2nd place in Sting burn
- Troop 97 — 2nd place in stilt race represented by Ryan Wilhelm
- Troop 97 — 1st place in under 500 Tug-A-War
In the culinary arts competitions, Colin Melville pulled 3rd place in Dutch Oven cooking with a stuffed pork tenderloin and Cary DiNella dazzled us all with an almond encrusted Raspberry cheesecake pulling 2nd place in cake baking.
Special thanks to Charles Allen and Richard Craig for preparing some amazing meals that made us question if we were really camping.